Preferred Nursing services is a Medicare Certified Agency that has been providing home healthcare services since 1997.
Preferred Nursing Services has been an active member of the Associated Home Health Industries of Florida since 2005. In 2009, Preferred Nursing Services was chosen as one of the top 500 Home Health Agencies in the United States and received the "Award of Excellence" by the Home Care Elite.
At Preferred Nursing Services our care giver staff are attuned to the needs of both patients and their physicians, and our goal at all times is to provide the highest level of care possible. Our nurses, aids, and other care givers are experienced and compassionate, and our care team works with physicians to design individual treatment plans that are tailored to meet the precise needs of each patient. We know that experience, training, and strong communication skills are essential tools of home healthcare.
Preferred Nursing Services recognizes that as important as technical skills are to home healthcare, so is the need for empathy and kindness. Our staff is composed of professionals that have demonstrated the sincere desire to help people, even in the most adverse conditions. We believe that dignity and respect are the foundation of home healthcare and they are the guiding values of our company and caregivers.
Please contact us to answer any questions you may have or to request care for you or a loved one. We are here to help.
We believe that health care is a basic human right. It must be available, coordinated and provided in a comprehensive way, combined with other human services when appropriate. Home health care is an important part of the continuous health care system and it will be provided in the most cost effective-way possible.
The Agency and our staff shall operate and furnish services in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and disclosure and ownership information. To the best of our knowledge, based on our Quality Improvement Program and professional personnel practices, the services we provide comply with acceptable professional standards and principles.
The Agency's Philosophy is guided by the following principles:
Jump to Top
- Home Health is designed to meet the unique needs of clients and families.
- Services are tailored to assist individual and worth of each individual.
- Care is based on respect for the dignity and worth of each individual.
- Services will be provided in the least restrictive setting.
- Client/family are active participants in the care planning process
Jump to Top
- To provide all levels of home care service in collaboration with physicians, thus allowing clients to remain in their own homes.
- To provide a broad base of services with client demand governing the scope, allowing clients to be involved in establishing, implementing, and evaluating services.
- To maintain clients in their homes as long as possible and provide services in the least restrictive setting.
- To assist clients in using all restorative methods, tools and procedures to return clients to their optimal level of function.
- To provide cost-competitive, quality services.
- To develop a relationship with referral sources to effectively meet our clients' home care needs.
- To function as a liaison between our clients and available community resources and assist our clients in coping with their needs and problems.
Jump to Top
- We believe home health services are an essential part of the health delivery system. By providing continuing care to clients in their own homes, home health services minimize the effects of illness, accident, or disability.
- Agency recognizes the intrinsic worth of aged, diseased and/or disabled persons. We believe the contributions of other members of our society. Agency recognizes that these persons are entitled to retain or regain their maximum participation in society.
- We recognize that the aging process is an unavoidable part of life. We understand chronic disease and disability may be part of that process.
- In providing care to individuals, Agency recognizes that clients and families have inalienable rights to self determination. They have the right to participate in planning for their care, to make decisions about their health care, and to maintain their independence as long as feasible.
- Health education is an integral part of Agency's program.
- The agency recognizes that staff behavior, attitudes, knowledge, and understanding have an important influence on helping clients attain and maintain their optimum health.
- Therefore we are committed to the rehabilitation of aged, diseased, and/or disabled individuals within the structure of their home environments, allowing maximum contribution, independence, and retention of self-respect.
- When rehabilitation or recovery is not realistic, we commit to providing dying individuals with appropriate care and coordinated services, supporting their dignity and self-respect.
- A coordinated team approach to therapeutic, rehabilitative, and supportive health care services using skilled nursing, home health aides, medical social services, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutritional consultation and a system of referral, follow-up and evaluation.
- Home health care services and training, which allow clients and their caregivers to assume personal responsibility for clients are receiving from the agency.
- Educational opportunities within the health care system for employees through an ongoing in-service program, short-term training for students, and participation in professional organizations.
- Coordinated liaison with health and welfare agencies to meet the needs of the community through joint efforts, meetings, and community awareness programs.
- A physical work environment conductive to maximum employee performance.
To recruit and retain highly qualified personnel through:
Jump to Top
- Probationary employment status
- A competitive policy structure to recognize responsibility.
- A competitive comprehensive benefit package.